This way of thinking about things extends even to her hair. I really can't remember when she started assigning her own names to her various acceptable hairstyles, but I know it has been going on since at least last fall. The fun began the first time I had to figure out what kind of hairstyle she wanted based on the name she was giving me. This isn't as easy as it sounds.
Many a morning was spent with tears, tantrums and fits while she tried to convey to me how she wanted me to fix her hair and I tried to understand what it was she wanted from me. I believe I have finally cracked the code (at least until she comes up with another one) and have compiled a list of her favorites. The original reason for this list is because we are meeting some family members halfway between our house and theirs this weekend (we live 1500 miles from our families) and for the first time, our kids will go home with our family for the summer without us. I am excited and nervous, but mostly, I fear for my family members and the days they will spend trying to figure out what it is that Zoe wants from them. I made a little flip book to send with her for reference and I wanted to share the highlights with you.
#1- Ariel Hair
This is the term she uses simply to mean that she wants to wear her hair down.
#2- Ariel Hair with Barrette
#3- Belle Hair
#4- Cinderella Hair
#5- Ballet Hair
#6- Dance Hair or sometimes Ballet Hair with Dance Hair
#7- Picnic Hair
#8- Rapunzel Hair
This can either be one regular braid down the back or one french braid down the back.
(I do not have a picture of this)
And there you have it, should you ever run across Zoe, angry in a dark alley wielding a hair elastic and a comb, you will know what to do to appease her.
Good luck!
And may the force be with you.
Too cute! You know the flip side of this is the child who runs when they see a brush in hand. That's what I had :-(
ReplyDeleteTHat is hilarious! you are a very good momma to always do her hair so nicely. My girls are lucky if they get out of the house with two matching shoes! LOL
ReplyDeleteI love that you took photos of all of the different styles to send with her. As the mom of a girl I know how important hairstyles are. And she is so, so cute.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, Jennifer, that is so funny! I love how they're nearly all named after something Disney! And you are good at that. My poor daughter (the headstrong 11-year-old Zoe) always had her hair done but it was cock-eyed pigtails or a messy ponytail. The teachers at her preschool used to redo it when she got there!
ReplyDeleteAnd let me get this straight: you and your husband are sans children for the rest of the summer? I'm trying to convince my kids to go somewhere overnight and you get WEEKS alone? Jealous.