Friday, September 9, 2011

Tight Schedules

When I got an iPhone recently, I gave my iPod Touch to Noah. Since that moment, he has been in love with it!

Last night, I picked it up off the end table and flipped it on to see if it needed to be charged. There was a note that Noah has opened and started but not finished. That caused me to look at his other notes- and laugh hysterically. It also gives you insight into the tight schedule Noah keeps during his summer vacation.

Here is the content of a couple of the notes he has written and saved:

August 22-
Play Legos
iPod Touch
watch TV
run erens (errands)
ask to play with Logan

August 24-
Pet Lindy (the dog)
iPod Touch
ask to play with Logan

August 25- (I need to give you a little background on what actually was going on that day for you to understand this- that day, Noah had a soccer practice scheduled and another parents was going to bring him to me after practice at Zoe's soccer parent meeting scheduled at the same time. After we were all done with Zoe's parent meeting, we were supposed to drive straight over to the high school to meet DJ where the school board meeting was going on. This was also a Thursday night and when preparations were beginning to be made for Hurricane Irene which was expected to hit our area Saturday evening/Sunday morning)

Watch Irene (on the Weather Channel, perhaps?)
play dsi xl
iPod Touch
lay down ( I LOVE that he scheduled a nap)
6:00pm- soccer canceled (his)
Team 7, time-? ( we must have been in the parent meeting at this point because that is Zoe's team number and her team didn't have a coach or time for practice yet)
Bord (board) meeting. (I think he is taking dictation now and we have arrived at the school board meeting)
I am going to play Legos.
Irene comes on Sunday.
Zoe draws a picture.
School starts on September 7- 2011-2012 (he was LISTENING at the board meeting!).
Hope school is easy.
I am bord (bored).
The high school is nice.
Lego set- built Qidich (Quidditch) match!
Dad is speaking.
Finally too!

This may not be funny to you if you do not already know Noah. But, just seeing how his mind works, how he alternately took dictation of his day and scheduled his activities is so amusing to me.

I also realized that if ever I question what exactly happened or was said at some point during a day- I might should check Noah's notes. The answer is probably there.

1 comment:

  1. August 25th was a big day for Noah, I'm surprised he had time to feel bored! I am such a list maker myself and I love that he documented his day so well. Maybe he's a blogger in the making! :)

    ReplyDelete