It started last year. During the course of a few weeks, Noah managed to lose one or both of five pairs of gloves. At one point, he was wearing mismatched sets because I was so tired of buying gloves. And then, he lost the mismatched sets. After he lost the first set, I started buying the cheap, $1 gloves in the dollar section of JoAnn's. And then that supply ran out, the other stores cleared their winter gear for spring and Noah was gloveless. My neighbor saw him outside one morning playing without gloves and gave him a pair. I was mortally embarrassed. I washed them and gave them back with an explanation as to why he had no gloves.
As soon as the cheap gloves appeared in stores this year, I stocked up. (Note: I do have two good, waterproof pair of gloves for snow, but he is not allowed to wear those to school so that I am assured we will have them when we need them) And the cycle has already begun. He started a few weeks ago with a pair of blue gloves. They both went missing. He then got a pair of black gloves and returned home with only one. I put the mate in the bin in the closet and broke out the next pair. That afternoon, he brought home the mate to the black pair- his bus driver found it. So that pair was blissfully reunited in the closet. And somehow I get lost in the story here- but now he is missing the black pair again, the blue pair never returned and so we pulled the tags off the striped pair this morning. We will see how long that lasts. If he loses this pair, there is only one other pair in the closet, and it is only January. It's gonna be a loooong winter!
In other news: While Zoe and I were waiting in the car outside Noah's piano lesson the other night, she got bored and broke into a negro spiritual.
So, maybe they will both be musicians.
But Zoe will be a musician WITH gloves.
Big Girl has the hardest time keeping up with stuff. Somehow she has managed to lose her jacket. Again. She is wearing last years. I'm not buying a new one.
ReplyDeleteAnother reason to be happy we live in Texas. I need gloves once every six years for one day. So, if we don't have them, socks will suffice. They're too freaked out by the snow to stay outside for more than four minutes anyway!
ReplyDeleteHad to LOL at Zoe. Super cute!
We do okay with gloves but we are horrible with hats. I think they lose them intentionally so they dont have to wear them! I am constantly on the search for cheap ones!
ReplyDeleteOh what is possibly more charming than a little girl singing? :D
ReplyDeleteMy kids are horrible at keeping up with outerwear. They are always losing stuff!!! Good luck.
ReplyDeleteYoungling is doing so well with wearing his winter clothes. The only thing he doesn't like is a scarf he feels chlostraphobic by all accounts lol the only thing we are missing at the moment is snow ;-) xx
ReplyDelete