In Sunday School, they taught us that Jesus performed miracles- water into wine, walking on water and raising Lazarus from the dead to name the highlights. Now, if you ask me, getting Lazarus to come out of that tomb alone is a huge miracle. I can't even get my kids to come downstairs when I call them and Jesus casually sashayed up to Lazarus' tomb four days after he died, called his name and out he came. Whoa...
I digress.
My intention here is to tell you about a miracle that was performed on Thursday. You see, Noah had an expander placed in his mouth on Tuesday evening and has been in quite a bit of pain ever since. (side note- but funny nonetheless- when the dentist pulled out the expander, Noah took one look at it and proclaimed, "That looks like an instrument of medieval torture.") Because of his pain, he was unable to eat on Wednesday. I sent a Carnation Instant Breakfast to school for lunch and we had to make him a protein shake for dinner. Thursday morning, he insisted he was still in too much pain and had another instant breakfast drink and asked for one in his lunchbox as well.
Thursday afternoon, I received an email from his teacher informing me that Noah was feeling better because he had just eaten a chocolate chip cookie. Amazing. When faced with a sweet, brown-sugar based treat, Noah was healed!
Healed!
By a chocolate chip cookie!
I asked Noah if Jesus made the cookies. He looked at me half-confused and half-annoyed and said that his teacher made them.
I know the new Pope is considered a bit liberal but I doubt the Vatican will be receptive of my news that they have it all wrong and that there is a fourth grade teacher in England performing miracles...
...or that miracles are being handed out by chocolate chip cookies.
Not missing the opportunity to find the greater good in things, I am now left to ponder if chocolate chip cookies are holy.
If cookies are the new host then I am happy to report that I commune with God A LOT!
Like, I think I could be a holy figurehead I commune so much.
Saint Jennifer- High Priestess of Holy Confections.
And making things all about me.
Because the reality is, Noah was miraculously healed yesterday!
All hail the chocolate chip cookie!
Amen?
He's right about the expander looking like an instrument of Medieval torture! Both my kids had them and there was a bit of applesauce/yogurt/soup around here afterward, but they learned how to eat again. I wonder if it was when faced with a cookie? :)
ReplyDeleteToo funny!!!
ReplyDelete