Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Flashback Post- The One About Scandalous Haircolor

I sometimes like to bring back old posts that some of my new readers might not have seen, or for my own personal enjoyment a second time. I originally posted this post in May 2009 after a trip to the salon ended in me discovering something equally hilarious and tacky/scandalous. So.. wrap your mind around this and enjoy. It still makes me giggle! And.. oh yes, they did.

I'll bet you never imagined someone can write an entire blog dedicated to.. umm... er..., "carpet". We'll call it "carpet". Well.. you were sorely mistaken, my friend, because anyone who can compose an entire blog about nothing other than caterpillar poo, can drone on and on about absolutely nothing at all. So.. here goes:

I was in the salon today, waiting for my turn to have my hair cut and colored. While waiting, I was browsing the products looking at the new conditioners, shine sprays, make-your-hair-curly/straight gels when I spotted a box of something called, "
Blonde Betty". The description said, "color for your hair down there.". I did a double and a triple take. I physically got out of my chair and walked over there to inspect it up close because I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. I had no idea such a product even existed, but there it was sitting on the shelf next to the Redken products.

Throughout my service, I could not stop thinking about this product.... and giggling at all the scenarios popping into my mind. For example, why would one WANT to color there? Perhaps because they dye their hair blonde and want "the carpet to match the drapes" for all those times they hang out on nude beaches? Because they spend countless hours walking around nude and when they catch a glimpse of themselves in a mirror, they are reminded they aren't really a blonde?

Next, I imagined someone trying to actually do this at home. How long does it take for the color to set? I guess you have to run around naked while waiting. Do you start with the roots and work it to the ends after a few minutes? How big is the bottle that you mix this stuff in? Does it stain your skin? Do you get that awesome little tube of after-color conditioner that comes with regular hair color?

And THEN-because I have too much quiet time in the salon and can allow my thoughts to run freely - I took it another step and wondered if you can get creative with it. Can you, say, dye it brown and then give it highlights and lowlights.. you know.. for that NATURAL look? Or, for the crafty gal, could you possibly use a stencil and dye a heart or a cute little butterfly? I dunno... you tell me!





2 comments:

  1. That reminds me of the Sex in the City episode where Samantha dyes her chuckie red, and the tells the other ladies that it "looks like Bozo went down on her". HAHAHAHAHAHA I think that Richard just about laughed himself senseless! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And do you have to get root touch-ups with the Blonde Betty? Was there a selection of colors, like Red Ruby and Auburn Annie?

    ReplyDelete