Friday, July 16, 2010

Technical Difficulties

Just to let y'all know what is going on with my blog. I tried the new easy template designer and, well you can see what happened. I have lost my traffic feed, my followers list, my tag cloud and my custom photo/blog header.

I have also lost the ability to manipulate the size of my photos.

I am not an HTML expert, nor am I an HTML amateur and I have wasted and entire afternoon on this to no avail.

Thus... it looks like, until I get my patience back ( because I am *this* close to deleting this whole bloody blog- yeah, I am THAT ticked off and have been working on it that long) you will have to stare at generic blog. Maybe I will change the name to just that- Generic Blog by Generic Girl With Generic Name.

5 comments:

  1. We we really do have a generic name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Working with the blog templates, layout, and making changes....just stresses me out! I've been considering paying someone to design the effer and just have it appear like a gift under the Christmas tree one day. Just make the magic happen!! Hope your generic evening improves a smidge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, I sent you a FB message, but now that I'm on here I'm wondering how did you actually get this old template anyway? Gosh, girl, you're making me look like a web designer! And, let me tell you, I'm not.

    There are actually categories and subcategories for each design element. I was just on there trying to figure out how to explain it and I redesigned mine again. Did you know there are hundreds of backgrounds you can superimpose on the template you choose? You won't believe the choices! Don't give up Jennifer, really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is why i do not touch mine...so hard to change anything..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain. I just got a note on my blog from the site where I found my cute template (The Cutest Blog on the Block), and they notified me that my design was about to dissapear, but I could go pick out a new one. Nice. It disappeared in the middle of a post I was writing about how it was going to disappear. Oy. I'm now sporting a generic Blogger template.

    Found you in the comments section of a SITS Blogger challenge post, btw. Your elevator pitch comment made me giggle and reminded me of my ADD tendancies with my own blog. ;)

    And, OH--it looks like you've figured out how to do tags at the end of your posts on Blogger. Would you be willing to share that info with me? Purty please?

    ReplyDelete