Ahem... okay... off-topic much?
Alrighty, then. I went to Noah's school last week to have lunch with him and then I walked him back to class to have a little chat with his teacher (he got in trouble for the first time ever the day before). I stopped to admire the classwork his teacher had hanging in the hallway. In honor of Martin Luther King, they were given the following prompt: "I have a dream that..." and were instructed to complete the sentence. Noah wrote, "I have a dream that people will stop shooting people and all the gun stores will close down so no one can kill anyone else anymore." Wow... profound.
And also... we can never move back to Texas.
The next day, I was picking Zoe up from school and I saw that her teacher had posted some classwork outside in the hallway too. They had also prompted the children with "I have a dream" and asked them to draw what their dream was and then the teachers wrote on the picture what the child said. Zoe's said, "I have a dream..... of monsters and princess castles."
Equally profound.
And perhaps she should see a therapist?
Before I ever got to the line "we can never move back to Texas" I was already thinking "they can never move back to Texas." LOL
ReplyDeleteHahaha. Yeah, you guys will just not fit in here in Texas. Those are so cute! Your kids are precious. :)
ReplyDeleteAh bless them. They don't half come out with some funny things :-) Bless you sounds like you've been having a bit of a ride the last few weeks. Im always here if you want to chat and have a rant hun :-) Take care and speak soon xx
ReplyDelete