Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Letter from Zoe

Tonight as I was putting Zoe to bed, I kissed her goodnight and she told me she loved me. I heard a crack in her voice and I turned around to look at her and she had big crocodile tears in her eyes and her bottom lip was trembling.

I sat down on the side of her bed and asked what was wrong. "I miss Daddy." she replied. I hugged her and told her I missed him too. She started crying- really crying like she was heartbroken. I was heartbroken having to witness it. I told her we could go and send Daddy an email and tell him how she feels.

I typed while she dictated.

Daddy, I miss you. I want you to come home and play with my tree house (Little People Fairy) with me. I want to hug you. I don't want you to go to work no more. Good night.

I miss him too, sweetheart.




2 comments:

  1. That just breaks my heart! Poor, sweet baby girl. Sounds like a Skype session is definitely in order. ~Thinking of you guys!~

    ReplyDelete