Thursday, October 27, 2011

Frustrating Waste of Time #853,782

While getting Zoe ready for school yesterday morning, she decided to throw me a curve ball. Instead of the usual requests for her hair, she ran to her room and brought me back this picture:

I studied it, gathered hair bands, bobby pins and hairspray and went to work. This was the result:


I was very proud of myself, but she reached back to feel it and was unsure. I snapped the above photo with my phone so that she could see what it looked like and, certain that she would love it, I handed her my phone. She took one look and burst into tears.

"Everyone will laugh at me!!!", she wailed. I tried to dissect the photo and explain how it looked exactly like the picture she brought me. I told her ballerinas wore their hair like that. But she was having none of it.

I disassembled all the bobby pins, brushed out the hairspray and then I put it in a ponytail, braided it and left it hanging down her back. She was satisfied.

And I was exhausted- all before 9am.


2 comments:

  1. That girl is serious about her hair. Just wait, two more years and she won't let you touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...and a redhead at that!!

    I remember my mom trying to "make" me wear my hair a certain way growing up. Nice that you give her choices!

    My nieces are 11 & 12 and way past the point of anything other than sloppy-in-the-face stuff. And it's easier to just roll your eyes and look away than fight them on it.

    However, I gotta admit...I LOVED the little up-do you did. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete