Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Goodbye 2011

As we soar through the final week of the year, I feel the need to look back on the past year and what all has transpired. On the heels of me posting my frustrations on being a military spouse ,(my favorite line I have ever created- "And frankly, some days I just want to kick Uncle Sam in his star-spangled nuts!") we started the year right off the bat with the deployment of my husband on January 4. Immediately, the children began to try my patience as a newly-anointed single mom.

In February, we celebrated surviving the first month of the deployment. A week later, my daughter showed she was really feeling the separation by asking me to help her write a letter to her daddy that broke my heart.

In March, Noah was playing indoor soccer and scored his first goal ever- and apparently was unmoved by it.

In April, Noah informed me he was a big kid and would no longer be calling me,"Mommy", the Easter Bunny got a fabulous surprise and we celebrated the military child.

In May, we were counting down the days until DJ returned. In the meantime, I celebrated Mother's Day by attending a tea at Zoe's school and with a pretty funny list Noah made. And then the day arrived- DJ came home!

June was pretty low-key with the kids in their last month of school. I did get a nice, random conversation with Zoe in the car one day.

In July, we shipped the kids off to the grandparental units in Texas for the first time ever; but not before I made an elaborate instruction booklet to go with Zoe. She's high-maintenance like that!

We joined the kids in Texas the end of July and attended a family reunion. Then we had a birthday party for the kids the first week of August before heading back to New Jersey. Noah managed to wreck a fence during his time there. Then, upon returning to New Jersey, I almost killed the kid in GNC.

September was full of soccer for both kids, piano for Noah and no time to blog about it.

October was the month I almost died in a corn maze. And that was BEFORE that family called 9-1-1 in the maze, y'all. This makes me think this is a real problem that should be looked into. Then, I confronted the neighborhood bullies while Noah gave his opinion on everything from the World Series to going green.

In November, Noah was being goofy at school and earned himself a trip to the ER.

In December, we took the kids to Hershey, PA. and Zoe came home with a terrible school photo..

We have had a very colorful, interesting, trying, hilarious, eventful and blessed year this year. Here is hoping next year is even better than last and that you and your family have a wonderful year as well.


Mama's Losin' It

9 comments:

  1. That line about kicking Uncle Sam in the star-spangled nuts was AWESOME! Sounds like a fabulous year, especially since your hubby returned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star-spangled nuts?? Friggin PRICELESS!!

    I still love her little school picture. I love it, love it, love it.

    I'm so glad I found your blog and really wish ya'll a fabulous new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Carrie, Star-spangled nuts :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you glad you blog? You have a history of your kids' lives right here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, that was me above but my daughter had signed in on my computer! The Zoe clone plus 8 years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did have quite a year! So glad your husband is home with you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy I found your blog in 2011. I can't wait to get to know you better in 2012 and share in your stories. I truly enjoy your writing!
    Happy New Year to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the first person I have read that had a good 2011. Ours sucked. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a year. You had so many touching moments. I hope that 2012 brings you happiness and health. Take care and I'm glad to be back and reading with you again ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete