You see, Valorie reminds me a little of myself when I was her age (except she is WAY more driven). When I found her, she was a junior at Texas A&M University and knew that she didn't want to stay in Texas. Her dreams and aspirations were much bigger than that. I have watched her struggle with personal relationships, kick butt in college, spend a few months in China for her studies, earn her Aggie ring and finally- this past December- graduate. She wasted no time in getting started on the rest of her life. She lined up an internship and an interview for a part-time job in Washington D.C., packed her life in two suitcases and boarded a plane a few weeks ago bound for a place where she knew only one person and still had no place to live. (She is crashing on her friend's floor while apartment-hunting) She is an incredibly smart and talented young woman and I know she will do great things.
A few weeks ago, she asked for guest bloggers to write about making a big move; and since there was a time I left everything I knew to move to another country, I thought I could submit my story. Today is the day my story goes live on her blog. Head on over there, leave her some comment love and I suggest you follow her. I can't wait to hear what her future holds!

For some reason, I cannot get the button to work- but you can find her HERE: Simply, Valorie
I can't imagine leaving everything behind. I just don't think I'm that strong.
ReplyDeleteThe link isn't working for me.
ReplyDeleteHeading over now...Can't wait to read your story!
ReplyDeleteSorry the link was wonky! I've loved having you and even though I'm a terrible commenter myself I do read your blog often! Thanks for all your support! (Oh, and people are LOVING your post!)
ReplyDeleteYAY for you...heading over there now!
ReplyDeleteThis is such an incredibly sweet post! LOVE IT.
ReplyDelete