Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Preschool Dating Scene

At dinner last night, Zoe casually mentioned, "Eddie likes to jump on me and hang on me when we are outside."

As a response, DJ jokingly told her she needed to stay away from the little boys and was teasing her about it. Suddenly, Zoe began to defend her actions.

"But, Eddie likes the Bear Hunt song and I like the Bear Hunt Song. And Eddie and I both run like this (insert demonstration) during the Bear Hunt Song! And, Eddie likes to play in the kitchen with me. We make ice cream."

I wonder what an online personal ad for a preschooler would look like?

Looking for: single male, 4 or 5 years old. Must love long walks in the pretend forest whilst listening to the "Bear Hunt" song and jumping for hours on the trampoline. Pretend cooking skills a must. Interest in a good debate over the big issues such as bedtime, wardrobe and meal choices , a plus. Dislike of Hello Kitty, Barbie or the Disney Princesses and an inability to reach the bathroom light, use the potty and antagonize siblings need not apply.


6 comments:

  1. Bahaha! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!!
    My daughter just turned 4 and has recently become "best" friends with a 4 yr old boy at church. It's hilarious to hear the teacher describe the antics the two of them get into!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh...boys. The fluttering hearts are already starting!

    I can not wait to hear the stories that little girl comes home with about boys!! I can only imagine!! HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!

    My son has 2 little girls who keep sending him notes and are (according to him) "fighting over him" . . . he's in KINDERGARTEN!! Of course, when I used the words "little girlfriend" when I was on the phone with my mom he threw a fit!

    I think it is sweet and refreshing that your daughter defended her friendship with her "boy" friend . . . (by that I totally mean boy who is a friend)! It shows she will play well with everyone!

    Good Job, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I think you may have found your calling. You could definitely help some people find their true love with your personal ad writing style!

    ReplyDelete