"An idle mind is the devil's playground." Have y'all heard that? I assume that means if you have too much time on your hands, and too much time to think about insignificant stuff- or stuff you cannot change or do anything about- you are more likely to fall into a pattern of negative thinking and get into trouble.
So... I get in bed and my mind is suddenly filled with anxiety, worries and scenarios I have no control over regarding our impending move overseas.
Because my mind is filled with all of these things, I find my heart racing and my body temperature rising. My heart racing and the fact that I am starting to sweat prevents me from falling asleep.
So as not to awaken my husband in my state of insomnia, I get up to address an email I remembered I was supposed to follow up on yesterday.
While up addressing the aforementioned email, I see my iPhone light up because my sister has played her turn on Draw Something.
I grab my phone to play my turn and see that she has colored a nice picture of cookies for me to guess.
Because I am playing Draw Something on my iPhone and have just guessed the word "cookies", I now want to eat cookies.
There are no cookies in my house, but I find a package of Hostess devil's food (DEVIL'S FOOD??? ARE YOU SEEING IT??) mini doughnuts.
This is how I came to eat two mini doughnuts at 1:40 in the morning.
Because I couldn't find cookies after guessing "cookies" on the game Draw Something that I was playing because I saw my phone light up while up answering an email that I remembered in my state of insomnia that came about because my idle mind was filled with things that I could not control.
And if all the above is true and an idle mind is in fact the devil's playground, then the devil made me eat those doughnuts at 1:40 in the morning.
And the devil made me fat.
G'night.
Sounds like good reasoning to me.
ReplyDeleteLOL, that's always my reasoning! ;)
ReplyDeleteUh, I totally get that. Makes more sense than you think!
ReplyDeleteWell if they're there... :)
ReplyDelete