Friday, August 10, 2012

Yanks in the Motherland

If you missed it- we are in the middle of an overseas move.  We arrived here on Monday afternoon and have spent the past week doing all the necessary things in order to process in here as well as try and find a place to live.  Currently, we are in temporary lodging which has no wifi.

It has no wifi.

I know, right?

So- we have this one little plug of internet that comes from the wall which results in my husband and I fighting over the laptop all the time.

The good news is that we've found a house to rent- and it is two hundred years old!  Very charming and has loads of history!  Hopefully we can move in in two weeks and crossing our fingers our furniture follows shortly afterward.  It is a typical English home with very small rooms and no closets in the bedrooms.  I am not sure where our furniture is going to go (and we are coming from a small house- 1300 square foot- in the States) but, luckily we will have a two car garage and a cellar to stow the things that don't fit.

We loved England the last time we were stationed here and have always talked about coming back.  And now we are here.  Once we are settled in, I feel like this is going to be a great assignment.  We are so excited.  We just have to get over the jet lag.  And get used not having a dishwasher or a laundry room.  We will be doing laundry in the kitchen.

However- BONUS- are you ready for this?  We have one and a HALF baths.  TWO TOILETS!  That is a huge improvement over our house in New Jersey!! No more dancing outside the door of the bathroom begging the person inside to hurry up while wondering how far your bladder can be pushed beyond it's limit.

See you soon!!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. OK- Now that I know you are not under house arrest and can get on FB, I'll look forward to your posts & "Life Across The Pond"... Your comments remind me of when Sheridan & I went to Aviana, Italy to spend a week with Jeff & Andy... Electricity - spotty at times... Don't use the dryer at the same time as the microwave or even the hair dryer... Tiny washer & dryer at that... But a beautiful country & all the other places we went. Praying God takes care of all of you. God bless and enjoy & know Sheridan & I will be thinking of you & wishing you & DJ the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No wi-fi sure explains why you've not heard of a Nissan Leaf :) (100% electric car - goes about 100 miles on a charge and I've put 18k+ miles on mine and I LOVE it!!!). I popped over from Carrie's blog to check you out and I'll be back....in about 12 miles. :)

    ReplyDelete