First I will start with Zoe's work (Zoe is 5 and in kindergarten). I will type her words and translate in parentheses.
Nobrs dod sop. (Numbers don't stop.)
Its fon to kat. (It's fun to count.)
I lik Nobrs. ( I like numbers.)
Doy yoy lik nbrs (Do you like numbers?)
3, 7
Som peBl dod no haw to kad (Some people don't know how to count.)
I like Nobrs 1 2 3 4 5 6 ( I like numbers. 1,2,3,4,5,6)
It's really cute- she even cut the little pages and taped them together in book format.
Now, on to Noah's contribution. In class last week, his teacher asked them to write a poem about spring. (Noah is 9)
Spring Dream
Drip, Drip Drip
Can you spot the rain's tip?
Will it ever stop?
I sort of want to hop.
I'll be entertained by a bunny
as it hops around and acts funny.
I'll sling-shot myself off the swing
When I hit a cloud, I will cling.
I'll pull myself on the cloud
then I'll yell very loud.
When I came to the ground
you won't believe what I found.
"Hooray!", I cried
"The rain has stopped, everything has dried."
I woke up from my dream
and let out a little scream
I have not found the rain's tip
but still...
drip, drip drip.
A big thank you to Noah, 9 and Zoe, 5 for contributing to my blog and keeping it from falling into complete and utter derelict status.
I think his mother's aversion to English weather is starting to leak into Noah's poetry.
ReplyDeleteI think his mother's aversion to English weather is starting to leak into Noah's poetry.
ReplyDelete^^Truth!!
ReplyDeleteYour kids are priceless.
ReplyDeleteYou know I keep up with your life on FB and I'm telling you, that little Zoe could be your own personal TV sitcom!!
I love how her and Noah are so different and yet, both are so YOU.