Thursday, July 10, 2014

Air Force Ball- September 2013

This will be the second (and last) catch-up of the night.

This past summer, our base released the theme for our Air Force ball in September.  When I found out it was going to be a 40's theme, I was ALL OVER IT.  I LOVE this era in history and decided right then I was definitely going to this ball!  **Side note: the ball is held every year to celebrate the Air Force's birthday and since the Air Force separated from the Army Air Corps and became its own branch in 1947, they decided to go back to the era of its birth.

I ordered the dress from a site online that I used to order my dress for the AF ball at McGuire a few years ago as well as clothing for my "pin-up girl" photo shoot I did as a gift to my husband while he was deployed in 2011. I then visited some local charity and antique shops here to find my accessories.

When we got there, the decor was so fun!  I LOVED it!





Why hello, soldier….




 And an even bigger hello to you, airman!






My FAVORITE accessory that I found by chance was an old RAF (Royal Air Force) sweetheart pin.  I thought, since we are stationed in England, that was the PERFECT accessory for my outfit!



And after the ball: pajamas and pearls :)


Happy (now so belated I can almost say it again) birthday, Air Force!



2 comments:

  1. I love your dress! My husband and I are big fans of the 40's style also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so missed reading you here! I'm so excited you're back!

    You're beautiful. That dress, that hair, that pin...all perfection.

    And the pin-up girl photo shoot for DJ? That is a fabulous idea...now you've got me thinking!!

    This was great!!

    ReplyDelete