Thursday, July 10, 2014

This is Gonna Take Awhile

I have been suffering from writer's block for, oh… two years now?  I mean, not entirely.  As I have mentioned over and over again, a lot of my reason for not blogging since we've moved overseas is the fact that our internet is sooooo slow.  I don't have the patience to deal with it.  But, also, I have not been inspired to write like I was before.  I seemed to always have an inspiration rolling around in my head and now, notsomuch.  I have been able to dust off my pen and use that part of my brain a few times, late, so I am not completely dry.  This past fall, we had a teacher auction at the kids' school and I was put in charge of the "Wanted" posters for each teacher up for auction.  I did have fun assigning villain names and crimes for which they were wanted.  I have done several other small things throughout the year as well as helped on the decorating committee for school events.  My point is, I DO have a creative outlet, but I miss writing.

I have been fretting over the fact I haven't been writing for months now, but every time I decide I am just going to do it and open up blogger- I just sit and stare at an empty screen, uninspired, and give up and close it out again.

I started this blog to have a creative outlet for myself to write.  I also started this blog because my kids are growing up away from their grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins and I wanted them to have a way to keep up with those day-to-day things the kids do.  So, until I am inspired to write creatively again, I will climb back in the saddle and use this blog to journal our lives here, so that our family does not feel quite so separated from us.  The last blog I posted about us involved Halloween and Guy Fawkes Night. So.. ahem… I am a wee bit behind.  I will use these next few blog posts to "catch up" so to speak.

First, we are going to back up a little from the post about Halloween.  Because- I left out the lovely crafts the kids did in October for the school library.  A call was put out for the kids to pick their favorite book and use it as inspiration to decorate a pumpkin and the pumpkins were placed around the library for decoration.

As you can see, I helped HEAVILY with Zoe's project.  I mean, really, she picked out the book-Pete the Cat- and painted the pumpkin blue and I did the rest.  But, she was happy with it, I was happy with it and it was done.







Noah, on the other hand, did most of his on his own.  He picked The Hobbit and other than the script on the welcome mat and help with some of the dexterous bits,  he did this on his own.








I think they both did really well, and we had fun out in my craft room coming up with ideas.  I wish I had taken pictures of all the other pumpkins, because they were FANTASTIC! My favorite was the one someone made of Garfield's head using I have NO idea how many pieces of candy corn for Garfield's fur.



In my Halloween post, I showed you the kids' costumes, but failed to show you what I came up with.  We had a spouse costume social for the squadron and when I was trying to come up with a costume idea, it hit me: I am a maintainer's spouse.  I HAD to be Rosie the Riveter.  And so I was.




And here is a random picture just to show you that my daughter has one fierce "stink eye".  She was at a birthday party and slightly annoyed with me.



1 comment:

  1. Those pumpkins are pretty cool and I totally understand about the blogging!

    ReplyDelete