This is the first good snowfall we've had in a few years, but the fact is, we live in the northeast, where this weather is not uncommon. For that reason, I feel they should build some snow days into the school year, but they never do. Every day we get out of school adds a new one onto the end of the school year. Our calendar states that June 18 is the "tentative last day for students". That has now been bumped to June 23. That is the longest they will run the school year, though. If we have any more days off after today, they start taking away from spring break! This annoys me for so many reasons!
In Texas, we always had two weeks off for Christmas. They only get a week to ten days here, depending on what days of the week the holidays fall. We don't start school until after Labor Day which is nice, but we go pretty far into June. Apparently, this year, almost to the end of June!
On to other subjects... this week was supposed to be Dr Seuss week at Noah's school. Yesterday they were supposed to wear their clothes backwards and mixed up. Today was supposed to be "silly sock day". Tomorrow, is set to be "crazy hat day", so I concocted a hat based on Green Eggs and Ham. It was much harder to make than I anticipated. Maybe that is because I had planned on making it yesterday and today during Zoe's naptime, but did not count on Noah being home too! It's been a crazy few days and I can't say that the hat turned out how I had envisioned it, but it's done.




No comments:
Post a Comment