I would like to first say that I HATE decorating cakes. I know "hate" is a strong word, but seriously, nothing else does it justice. If it weren't for my sweet little boy asking me to make him a Lego cake, I would have never EVER done it! That is your warning... the cake is sloppy and the actual Legos were an almost-disaster. If you squint, it actually looks pretty good.. bring it into focus and it is a different story. I seriously don't care. If I cared I would never post a picture of it on here, but the most important thing to me is Noah thinks it is "the most awesomest cake EVER!" and that is all that matters to me.
And in case you were wondering, http://www.lego.com/ sells a silicone cake/jello mould that I used to make the legos. I covered them in pourable fondant.



"If you squint, it actually looks pretty good.. bring it into focus and it is a different story" LMAO, are you crazy! It looks great. Noah will be thrilled. I think you need to give yourself a little more credit on this one! Hope Noah has a very happy un-birthday party!
ReplyDeleteClearly you're way too critical. I think it's a pretty awesome cake. Look, you know it's good because there is no way it would end up on the cake wrecks blog :-). Have a great party!
ReplyDelete