Before we left Cape May on Sunday, we drove down to the lighthouse and walked around on the beach. There was a bridal party there taking pictures. It was a beautiful day and I was thinking the pictures would probably be beautiful, but was hoping the wedding had already taken place as the bride was getting sand all over her dress! After a few minutes, the bride and her bridal party decided to take a walk in the surf for some pictures. Now, this isn't like Texas where you simply walk out on packed sand to the surf. The sand was very deep and soft and there was an actual shelf where the waves were breaking against the shore. You had to climb down the shelf which was about two feet high to get to the surf.
I watched with amusement and happened to have my camera because I was taking pictures of the lighthouse and the kids. I didn't have my zoom lens, so I've had to crop the photos in order to zoom in on them, but I thought the progression of shots was somewhat amusing and thought I'd share. (click each individual picture to enlarge it and get a better view)
I'm sure this was a beautiful shot:

But, umm, don't they say to NEVER turn your back on the sea??
Is it wrong that this was what I was waiting for and I was delighted to get this picture??

That's gonna be SOME drycleaning bill... sand and salt water on silk!

LOL. Yeah, I would have been loving that too. Not to mention she had to walk around with that wet, itchy mess the rest of the day.
ReplyDelete