Friday, September 18, 2009

Death Panels

Hopefully, thirty years from now, you all will remember this story and if my son runs for political office.. DO NOT vote for him!

Noah and Zoe were running around outside playing "hunter" and Noah kept informing me he had killed assorted things for dinner- two deer, a rabbit and a turkey vulture ( I swear that is what he said!). A few minutes later, he came up to me and said, " Mommy! Guess what? I killed a BEAR! I put him in my backpack."

I laughed and told him it must have been a very small bear to fit in his backpack. " It was a baby." he replied.

I stuck my lip out and said, " Awwwwww". Then Noah changed his story.

"I mean.. it was an old lady bear. She was going to die anyway, so I killed her."

Wow.

Has anyone ever read, The Giver by Lois Lowry? Apparently my son has.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I've read it and I agree. The book is beyond his reading level but he has obviously found it on audio books and listened to it. Only Noah could come up with this stuff. Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the more I think about this the more I feel the need to rethink my future. I always thought when I got old and needed taking care of, I would move in with you guys. Ummmm, now that thought kind of scares me. Old lady. Gonna die anyway, so I just killed her. Nope, just put me in a nursing home, I'll be safer. 8-)

    ReplyDelete