Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Trouble With Unions


Apparently, their reach extends everywhere.

We took Noah to Doughboy Field on Fort Dix today to practice soccer. After a short while, Noah said that he needed a drink of water, so I told him to go get one. Once over there, he sat down. DJ and I were running around on the field kicking the ball. I looked over and said, " Noah, what are you doing?"

"Umm.. I'm taking a break. You guys can keep playing and I'll watch until my break is over."

See? That's the trouble with kids these days... they have a sense of entitlement... they think they have RIGHTS!

Can you imagine what it would have been like twenty-five years ago if, while in the middle of your math test, you said, " I'm sorry, Mr./Mrs. So-and-So, but it's my break time now, so I'm going to have to come back to this later." ?

C.E.O. Mom, took a risk and overstepped the union rules and told him to finish drinking his water and get his behind back out on the field.


No comments:

Post a Comment