My kids are full of mischief. And snark. And sass. And other things I won't mention since I try to keep the language clean on this blog. But mostly, they are full of a desire to squelch any hopes their mother has of ever getting a decent photograph of them.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I took the kids out this past weekend for a photo shoot. I honestly don't know why I do this to myself. My kids do not cooperate with photography. Period. Others have given me loads of suggestions and I am telling you, if you were watching me attempt these photos, you might think me insane. I jump around, make goofy noises, clap, offer bribes in the form of candy and ice cream and it just doesn't work. I even employ my husband to help and it still doesn't work. I am embarrassed to admit that this time I even stooped to my son's level and started randomly using words like "booger" and "fart" and "poopy head" to try and make him laugh. Nothing. All I came away with was 200 (yes, two HUNDRED) photos, most of which were deleted before even making it onto the computer, and me feeling humiliated having hopped around shouting potty words while dancing like a maniac and making goofy faces.
As always, I DID come away with some hilarious photos and a couple of good ones. But, God forbid, I ask that my children both look at the camera and smile. You can forget that. So, I bring you these three photos (with the promise of more after Mother's Day).
This first one was almost in the bundle that was deleted immediately. But something about it was so bad it made me laugh. It perfectly displayed my kids' attitude toward my photo shoots and how even with evidence of bribery in their hands, they could only be forced to stand in the same frame as one another but not the additional task of smiling. I couldn't help but think it looked like a mug shot. So, the wheels in my head started turning and I had a little fun with it:
I love the colors in the this one and it would have been awesome had they bothered to look at me. I think they may perhaps be contemplating what would happen if they just jumped over the ledge and made a break for it:
And this one, I love:
That dress is too awesome. Love it.
ReplyDeletei love all the pics! your kids are really adorable!
ReplyDeleteSo funny, and really a story in itself! I'm always amazed at what the photographers will say to the kids to get them to smile, and they never change their technique, even when the kid is a teenager!
ReplyDeleteYour children are BEAUTIFUL! Seriously ...I love the red hair!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great setting...love those colors too! That expression on Zoe's in the first picture is priceless.
ReplyDelete