Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Can You See Me Now?

It's that time of year! Soccer season. Noah got his uniform on Saturday ( just before his first game) and I was blinded by the glow factor. As we pulled up to the fields, I saw all the other kids running around in their adorable little red, orange, blue or yellow uniforms and then I saw my son was the green team. Not the normal, crayon box green team... the Nickelodeon slime, nuclear meltdown green team.



Umm.. yeah. They named their team The Green Machine and I am pretty sure I declared at some point that I had never seen a more brightly colored uniform in all my life.

Well this is what I get for making such a dramatic statement- because, early this week when we showed up to Zoe's practice, THIS was waiting for us.



I stand corrected. And they need a team name. Any ideas?

This is being linked to Wordful Wednesday which Dumb Mom is now hosting at Parenting By Dummies.


10 comments:

  1. The Glow Worms? Because you could see that shirt in the dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um? How about the Lightning Bolts! THey are pretty bright!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good Lord, I think I'm about to have a seizure.

    I like The Lightning Bolts, or The Lightning Bugs! It's exactly the right shade of um, "glowing" for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like they are having fun!!! But, those really are bright colors!!!! I don't remember the jersey's being so neon when I played youth soccer. Actually, if I remember correctly, you just got a regular cotton t-shirt, in "normal" colors, with one of the sponsoring business's name screen printed on the front & a your number on the back. And, not matter what size you were, the it hung to your knees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look a lot like our uniforms, unforunately they gave my son a size that is at least 3-4 sizes to big and it barely stays on his shoulders. Guess that is what he gets for being a tiny 13 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That. Is. AWESOME. And Zoe is just as happy as a lark in her brighter-than-bright yellow jersey. The good news...you'll be able to easily spot them in the laundry. HAHAHAHA!!! "Have we washed the uniforms? Oh wait, I can see the glow through the walls, they're still in the basket waiting to be washed." :)

    You could also go with "Lightning Bugs"...since El Diablo is a pro at catching the little boogers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think all teams with green are named Green Machines...I think it's a rule. Must be strictly adhered to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll second "Lightening Bugs." Very cute. Either that or the "nightshirts." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't they know those are not scrapbooking colors?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, so I think our team (we are the gold 3&4 year olds, aka team one, aka the Hornets) play your team (which I lovingly described as the highlighter team at pictures a few weeks back) very soon! We should meet up on the sidelines! I'll be the very frazzled mom to Hornet number 3, not that you can see her number after her way too big shirt is tucked in.

    ReplyDelete