Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Conversations With Zoe

Upon picking Zoe up from school this afternoon I was met with this conversation:

ZOE: Mommy? What does "crap" mean?
ME: Ummm... that's not a very nice word. We shouldn't say "crap".
ZOE: (looking completely confused) "Crap" not a nice word?
ME: Where did you hear it?
ZOE: At school. We singed about it.
ME: Okay.... well, why don't you sing the song to me and maybe I can tell you what word you are talking about.
ZOE: (singing) Crap it open, crap it open, crap it oooopen just now...
ME: Ohhhhhh!!! Is this the "Found A Peanut" song?
ZOE: Yeah! (singing again) Crap it open, crap it open crap it oooopen just now.....

I did correct her. But I didn't want to. I kind of like, "crap it open".

4 comments:

  1. I like her version WAY better, too! Makes the original sound so boring. Be sure and relate that story to her teachers for a good laugh the next time that you drop her off at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard the "found the peanut" song. I would have been at a complete loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMBO! Hilarious! I love, love, love stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete