Every morning, I put clothes out for Noah and Zoe to wear to school. They both get dressed and I usually give Zoe the once-over to check her shoes. She tends to put them on backwards. She has gone to school and spent the entire day with her shoes on backwards. I was embarrassed then; but not nearly as embarrassed as I was today.
I picked Zoe up from school and we had our usual race down the sidewalk in front of the school. Just like any other day, I was winning until the last minute when Zoe managed to squeak by me and claim a victory for herself. And just like any other day, I then congratulated her and picked her up to put her in the van. As I buckled her in her car seat, something odd caught my eye-a rough seam. I did a double-take.
Astounded, I asked, "Zoe? Did you take your pants off at school today?"
"No?" she replied, somewhat perplexed.
"Were your pants like this all day at school?"
"Yeah, my just put them on at home and wear-ed them ALL day!" she proclaimed proudly.
Oh yeah.. I really did that. She wore her pants inside out all day long. Hurray for me!
Did she dress herself? I know we've put Natalie's dresses on backwards and inside out before. It happens. Doesn't make you a bad mom... just a mom in a hurry. :)
ReplyDeleteJust be glad you got a picture of it. It will be funny to you in a couple of days :-)
ReplyDeleteBud wore his backwards one day. And is underwear is almost always on backwards if he puts it on himself.
ReplyDelete