Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Survived the Week That Had the Potential to Send Me to the Asylum

I am sorry there have been no posts this week. It is a crazy week here. Both of my kids are on early dismissal (two hours early) all week for parent-teacher conferences, plus I had to attend the actual conferences for both children (one glowing report, one tarnished report- wanna guess which is which?), it is Dr Seuss Week at both schools which is filled with fun days like silly sock day, crazy hat day, etc. And to top it all off, both schools had book fair this week and I volunteered at one school or the other every day this week and two nights. So... I'm beat.


I did take pictures, though.

Monday was Crazy Hat Day for Noah and Wocket in My Pocket Day for Zoe:


Tuesday, Noah was supposed to "wear a readable shirt" and Zoe had Crazy Sock Day:

Wednesday, Zoe wore her favorite sneakers and Noah had "Wacky Wednesday" and was instructed to wear his clothes, backwards, inside out and all mixed up. He is wearing his shirt inside out, a t-shirt on his head, swim trunks over his jeans and Zoe's leg warmers on his arms:

Thursday ushered in Crazy Hat Day for Zoe (where I cheated and recycled Noah's hat from last year) and Silly Sock Day for Noah.


Today is Green Eggs and Ham Day for Zoe- she is supposed to wear green and Noah's school has crazy hair day where they are instructed to wear their hair in the style of a Dr Seuss character. This is the point where blonde hair works so much better for hair color- his hair is COATED with blue spray but you can barely see it. We also lathered putty and hairspray in his hair and then DJ held him upside down while I blow-dried it, but his hair is too heavy to stay standing. I don't know what it is about his hair- I have tried many times in the past to get it to stand straight up and I have always failed.



7 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! They are a mess!!

    And let me guess...tarnished report??? Who, oh who, could have possibly received THAT?

    From one redhead to another...ROCK ON, ZOE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate these weeks at school where you have to come up with an outfit every day, and I don't even put the amount of effort into it that you do. I guess the kids think it is fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT's so much fun reading about shcool stuff from other countries! :D Your kids are both adorable I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You win for best Dr. Suess mom ever!! Those are fantastic photos and that wocket in pocket shirt that you did for Zoe.....A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
    Hope you get to relax this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. As a teacher, I have yet to figure out WHY ON EARTH we do a week of crazy dress up days. :) Oh and book fair, oh and conferences, oh and...

    So cute though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your son makes an adorable "Thing" - I'm in awe of how awesome your kids looked! Kinda makes me feel like a big time underachiever! :p Guess I'll know where to steal my ideas from for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sre we never had weeks like this as children. I only ever remember making so many different outfits for the holiday club or my dance school. I am hoping Younglings school take a bit of inspiration like this :-) maybe not a while five days worth ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete