Monday, March 12, 2012

Our Weekend

Saturday, we watched my friend's two kids all day while they attended a funeral. They were really good kids and all the kids got a long together, for the most part, but MAN I would not want four kids! My friend's kids are 9 and 3 and my kids are 8 and 4 so they were pretty evenly matched, but when it was time to get ready for Zoe's soccer game- keeping everyone in the same room and focused while trying to accomplish the task of socks, shoes, jackets was a MAJOR feat!

Also- my friend's little boy is the male counterpart of Zoe. They are LOUD- and head-strong. Interestingly enough, my friend's daughter is Noah's female counterpart. They are hilarious together. The spent the entire time chatting with each other on their Nintendo DS and discussing Harry Potter spells. (and yelling at their younger siblings)

Noah and Lexi last Easter
Zoe and Chase
Sunday, Noah decided he was ready for his spring "cut-it-all-off" haircut.


After the haircut, we went to Allaire State Park and visited the village. The shops were open and people were walking around the village in period costumes, giving tours of some of the buildings, demonstrating the trades and providing the history of the village. The blacksmith shop was the most exciting. There was a man actually heating up metal in the fire inside and bending the metal so that the kids could see how it works. It was pretty cool!


Last night, I was cleaning up Noah's iPod Touch. We plugged it into the computer to charge and noticed that he had a lot of pictures that were taking up all the space. I went through them and deleted a bunch of duplicates he had. In the process, I found some gems. He has a Snoopy Street Fair app that has a feature where you can take pictures and add graphics. I found these pretty hilarious.


I also found a short video. I cannot explain it. I can only say, that the life of an eight-year-old must be very exciting!


4 comments:

  1. I would be scared to find what was on one of my kids' phones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl...when I saw that little video on FB, I HOWLED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going to historic sites where they dress up and reenact things. I have always found it to be such a fun and engaging way to learn history. I love that my girls enjoy it as much as I do.
    As for Noah's Peanuts app...that is awesome!! The Peanuts are my all time favorites!! Lucy on the football field was hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol YOungling got a kiddies digital camera for his birthday and it is amazing. He can play games on it and take pictures as well as videos. I keep encouraging him to focus and not take random shots that fill the memory. I thik he just likes the shutter sound ;-) Bless them xx

    ReplyDelete