Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Day in the Life...

When I saw Mama Kat's writing prompts last week, one in particular jumped out at me.  "Share your a day in your life represented only in pictures and the time the pictures were taken."   I was scheduled to get internet on Friday, just one day after her link-up and thought it would be a perfect way to start my blog posts about life in England.

Of course, as everything else has gone during this move, things didn't happen as planned.  We didn't actually get internet until yesterday (Tuesday)- far too late to link up with her blog.  But, I decided to go ahead and post it anyway, since I had already taken the pictures last week.  I would like to revisit this post again when we get our furniture and car, because I will be able to leave the house and it will more accurately represent life in England.  But, for now, you get the "life in England, in transition mode, with ugly loaner furniture and a mostly-empty house."  Enjoy.

This is what 6:45am looks like from my bedroom window:


6:55- breakfast 

7:00- lunches made


7:35am- the beginning of our morning walk to the bus stop

8:05am- back in my living room for a hot cup of tea before I start my day

laundry in the wash and then out on the line for a dry (it started raining and had to come back in to the dyer)

I usually arrive at the bus stop in the afternoon about ten minutes early, so I sit on the bench by the village sign and wait until time to walk around the corner to the bus stop to get the kids.

Rainy English afternoon walk home from the bus

Rainy English afternoon turns into rainy English evening


bathtime!



 bedtime!


 a little television after the kids go to bed (our big tv is with the rest of our furniture, on a boat somewhere in the North Atlantic- this is Noah's tv that we packed in Unaccompanied Baggage so we would have something to watch until our stuff gets here)

Like I said, I will have to revisit this idea when we get all our things.  My day will be slightly less boring when I have a car and can actually leave the house.  I am feeling a bit like a shut-in at the moment.

At least I have internet now- it took nineteen days to get a phone and internet hooked up in the house.  I have been going insane!  I am so happy to be connected with the world again.

1 comment:

  1. Ah wow it looks like a day in life ;-) Yes we are renown for our wet weather Jennifer. But do you want the good news? You guys are only an hour or so away from where I live. Mad huh. Well I hope you get to take the kids to London and get to see the sights etc. Totally worth it. Fingers crossed you get all your furniture soon. Did you know that you can buy Lucky Charms here but they cost about £10 per box (That's like $17 or something I think). Better a load shipped over. Take care hun and glad to see you're all smiles xx

    ReplyDelete