Friday, September 21, 2012

Conversations with Noah and Zoe

If you have read any of these in the past, you know that I am constantly comparing Noah to an old man.  He really does have an old soul.  Bear in mind, he is only nine.

While listening to one of the few radio stations that comes in in the car the other day (a pop station), Noah says, "Can we just listen to BBC Radio?  I like talk radio."

What nine-year-old likes talk radio?

Mine.

This morning, he tried to crack a joke at the bus stop and while I found it funny, it totally got crickets from everyone else.

There is another little boy that comes to the bust stop that is a year older than Noah.  He is a very nice little boy that loves to chat our ears off until the bus comes.  This morning, we showed up and he was wearing a hoodie, some RayBan Wayfarer lookalikes and a pair or old school big headphones attached to his MP3 player.  He looked like a disc jockey or rapper from the 80's.  So, I said, "Hey there, Grandmaster T (his name begins with a T) !"

He was also holding an ice cube up to his lip, so I asked him what was wrong and if he had a fat lip.  He explained that he felt a fever blister coming on and just had the ice on his lip for the swelling.

There was a pause- long enough for us to move on to other subjects in our brains- and then Noah inserted, "What?  Did you show up to a party and forget your records and someone beat you up?"

Crickets.

I smiled and patted Noah on the arm.

He rolled his eyes and said, "Never mind!"

I then said, "Noah- what nine year old references records?  Have you even witnessed a record being played in your lifetime?"

"Well, no- but I have seen records in like old stores and stuff."

Now Zoe's turn:

A couple days ago, Zoe was playing in the floor and mumbling and talking quietly.  I heard what sounded like various forms of the "f" word coming from her mouth.  And she was even saying it in an exclamatory manner.  So, I finally said, "Zoe?  What are you saying!?"

"You know?  What the cat that catches Tweety Bird says, 'Fuccery Fuccotash!' "

"You mean, 'Sufferin' Succotash!' "

"Yes.  Fuccery Fuccotash!"

"How about you don't say that anymore, because you can't quite pronounce it right and it sounds like a very bad word?"

"Yeah, that is what my teacher said too."

Fabulous- she was suspended from school on the second day and now it appears to her teacher she is throwing the f-bomb around.

Parents of the year right here.

Parents. Of. The. Year.

Two years and eleven months until we move again and get to change school districts.


3 comments:

  1. LOL... love it!! It shows that he has lots of knowledge in other areas other than what is currently popular. Zoe cracks me up. That reminds me of Paige saying Fox... never came out as fox until she was a bit older but made me laugh all the time. Was not sure to correct her and take away the little kid pronunciations we all love or let it be and let her grow out of it. I think after she started talking about the fox in public it was time to correct. But it is always cute to keep record of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that her teacher thinks she was saying a dirty word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah haha they are so cute. I love your two they always make me chuckle. Youngling has been coming out with some right little corkers lately such as: "Mummy, Poo you smell" Not my finest hour. But he made up for it with: "Mummy you're my friend" Ah.
    Am glad you guys are making new friends over here. Take care and wrap up warm it's starting to get cold already. xx

    ReplyDelete