Here are some of my favorite blogs taken from my myspace blog- this one was written in January 2007 when I was pregnant with Zoe:
A Torrid Affair
I'm having a torrid affair with guacamole! I really forgot how intense a pregnant woman's cravings could be until guacamole entered my thoughts. Here's how it happened:
I was on the phone with a friend who mentioned she was making a seven-layer dip and needed some avocados for the guacamole layer. The seed was planted. "Guacamole? I could eat some guacamole!" Now, the Northeast is not an area known for its fine Mexican cuisine, so I knew just picking some up somewhere was out of the question, and I am not sure I could make some as spicy as I would like, so I tried to put it out of my mind. For the next few days, guacamole dominated my thoughts like an absent lover. I became a woman obsessed! Finally, I could stand it no longer and I gave in.
I went to the local grocery store and was surprised to find very ripe avocados perfect for making guacamole. Then, I found one of those seasoning packets and my heart soared- until I turned it over and saw it was manufactured in MASSACHUSSETTS!! WHAT???? I put the avocados back and was wandering aimlessly on the verge of a breakdown when- a single ray of sun beamed through the glass window of the Acme into the produce section- illuminating, in all it's glory, a single vacuum-sealed package of ready-prepared guacamole!!! With trembling hands and a hopeful heart, I picked up the package and flipped it over. Stamped on the back, were the most beautiful words I have ever read, " Product of Mexico" and just underneath- " Packaged in Keller, TX" !! With tears in my eyes, I gingerly stroked my package of guacamole and then practically skipped to the chip aisle where I picked up a bag of tortilla chips. I had guacamole for lunch, dinner, snack..... in fact, I am writing this in a guacamole-induced stupor!
Now, if I could just get my hands on some really good enchiladas!!
TUNE IN NEXT TIME FOR- " How far will Jennifer go for a Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper?"
No comments:
Post a Comment