Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Berry Special Day!

Noah is only five years old, so he thinks that everyone gets a theme for their birthday. Back in January, when I had my birthday, he asked me over and over what kind of birthday I was going to have and I finally convinced him that I wasn't having a theme or a party.

About three weeks ago, Noah asked DJ, " Daddy, are you going to have a Star Wars birthday?" DJ answered, " No, son, that's your thing." Noah responded, " Well what kind of birthday are you going to have?" DJ's reply?? " Strawberry Shortcake. I want a Strawberry Shortcake party." Noah was apalled and tried to tell DJ he couldn't have Strawberry Shortcake because that's a girl's party. DJ argued that he could have whatever he wanted!

Fast forward to today- DJ's birthday. All I can say is, "Be carefull what you wish for!"









A cake decorator I am NOT.. but he got the point!



sporting his "berry" awesome hat:

Even Noah got into it... he made this card with Strawberry Shortcake on one side. It says, " From Noah, To DJ, Happy Birthday 36"


This side has a strawberry on it and says, "Happy 36 Strawberry Shortcake Birthday Party!"

I love you BERRY much sweetie.. I hope your birthday was BERRY special!
Smurf that.
Oh, wait, wrong cartoon....


6 comments:

  1. You have the best sense of humor! Glad he was a good sport about it, and you really made it an occasion he'll never forget. Love the translations of the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO, This is great. I love the cake. Happy Birthday Mr. Strawberry Shortcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! Every 36 year old man's dream birthday :) Great job on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! I think you're an AWESOME cake decorator!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny! Can't wait to see how you top this next year.

    ReplyDelete