Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm a Stalker!!

When we first got to New Jersey, we were fresh off a plane from overseas and missing all the good food of home. We were disheartened to find that there were no Sonics in the northeast. The closest one to us, was in southern Virginia and so ( since we had no kids and therefore, no schedule) we drove 7 hours away to Virginia one Saturday just to eat at Sonic.


The year I was pregnant with Zoe, a Sonic popped up in Pennsylvania about two hours away. We started going on weekend excursions about once a month, but it was still quite a drive. Last winter, one popped up on the NJ shore, about 40 minutes away and we were so excited. We go there quite a bit too, but it is still a hike and we have to plan around it. Well... after eight years in this state... my wait has finally come to an end. They are putting up a Sonic 13.7 miles from my house. I know this because I actually set my odometer and measured the distance from my driveway to the location. Unhealthy behavior? Probably.

This is where the "stalker" comes in. Since I found out about this a little over a month ago, I go out of my way to pass the location frequently to check on progress. It takes everything I have not to wheel in and tell them to "Hurry it up, already!!" I think I might just stopy by one day and sit in a stall.. when a construction worker asks me what I am doing, I will tell him waiting for my cherry vanilla dr pepper.. get to making it!! The excitement is like waiting for Christmas morning! From what I have read, it is supposed to open in May, but I don't know when in May.


This morning, it was chilly and raining, so I took Zoe to Mount Laurel to Ocean N Motion which is an indoor play place geared toward small children. I had to pass the Sonic on the way and was happy to see that they actually had stalls up and bricks on the building.. it is starting to look like a Sonic! On the way home, I couldn't miss the opportunity to snap a picture. Don't mind the poor quality, I had my point-and-shoot, was driving 40 mph and, as you can see, it was raining. But... I can look past all that and see the awesome gem just waiting for the day that I wheel in and say, " I'd like a route 44 cherry vanilla dr pepper, please." Until that day......



5 comments:

  1. I've never been to a Sonic, am I being socially deprived? I don't even know if there is one within a 2 hour radius, but they advertise like crazy. Must make some people nutso to see the commercials with no way to fulfill the craving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Jen! I'm so happy for you! I don't know what I would do without my Sonic! We're very close in tastes though... my poison is Cherry Vanilla Coke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you are so funny. You're right, there are not a lot of Sonics in NJ though. I've only ever been to one, in Lindenwold. Closer than 2 hours to PA!!! :) There used to be one in Glassboro, but it might have closed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...I don't know what I would have done during my pregnancy with Riley if there weren't Sonics around!! At that time I was addicted to Lemon-Berry slushes...most of the time it's Butterfinger Blasts. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What goes around comes around. As much trouble as I gave you about Sonic when we were pregnant, now I'm the one who lives without it :-(

    ReplyDelete