Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring Break

Monday was a beautiful, sunny day, but windy and cold. I took the kids to the new Wacky World playground on McGuire and Noah promptly disappeared. He had gone and shut himself up in the van and refused to come out because "he was cold". I kept using the remote to open the van door because a cop kept driving through and I was waiting for him to say something to me thinking I locked my kid in the car. I was wondering how I was going to explain to him that my kid put himself in there and refused to come out! Luckily, he never said anything. Although, Noah kept closing the door and I kept opening it again. It was a fun little power struggle.

Tuesday and Wednesday were a complete WASH! Wednesday was the Family Fun Fest on base at the Field House. I took the kids since it was indoors and they were driving me nuts at home. We had to park quite a distance away and walk in the cold, driving rain. I had an umbrella, but you wouldn't know it, because all three of us were completely soaked when we got inside. We stayed about an hour and a half, Noah played on the bouncy castle and then we went home. Shortly after getting home, I went to take the garbage out and it was SLEETING! Ugh...

Thursday was absolutely beautiful- sunny and in the 60's. We met some friends at Smithville Park and the kids played on the playground and then we walked the trail through the woods. On the way home, we stopped at Rita's and had water ice and gelatis.

Friday, we met some other friends at the John Mann park on Fort Dix. The kids played on the playground a bit and my friend's husband was off work for the day because he is getting ready to deploy. He took Noah and their little girl (who is Noah's age) to play on the miniature golf course. Zoe even played.. and had a blast!! Then, Noah and Lexi went and played in the batting cages ( Noah actually hit two out of ten softballs) and then they rode the go karts.

During our Smithville outing, I got an awesome picture of Zoe that I wanted to share. It is my new favorite of her, because it completely encompasses her curious spirit. We had walked out on a pier overlooking Smithville lake and then walked back off it and were headed down the trail. I looked back to see what was holding Zoe up...


(you can click on the photo to see it enlarged)

No comments:

Post a Comment