Monday, September 14, 2009

Ghost of Halloweens Past

I love Halloween! I'm pretty sure it is for the same reason I participated in and loved drama/theater. The idea of getting to be someone else for a little while is so very appealing! I love the challenge of coming up with a great idea, of figuring out how I am going to translate that idea into an actual costume. The whole process is so exhilerating to me!

Can you tell I'm getting excited?

Since I seem to be Halloween-obsessed, I decided to just go ahead and get it out of my system by writing a blog in review of Halloweens past. Here are the children's costumes from the past years:


October 2004
it all started with a trip through IKEA when I saw this little garbage can.. then I knew I had to buy it and the following week, I went to JoAnn's and bought green fur.




October 2005
Noah loved Bob the Builder, but I didn't want to buy a store-bought costume


I knew the costume wasn't fabulous, so I had to make "Scoop" too!



October 2006
I found the top hat in a Halloween store and immediately thought of Moneybags.. it snowballed from there:






October 2007

Zoe was only two months old





When I asked Noah what he wanted to be, he told me a Lego, specifically a blue one



October 2008
Zoe's red hair reminded me of Pebbles Flintstone, so I made this costume. Unfortunately, Noah insisted on a store-bought Darth Vader costume.





With the exception of the Bob the Builder year, every year, one of my kids has won a costume contest on base. Here's hoping we can be just as fabulous this year!

3 comments:

  1. Very cute ideas. Baby Girl has decided she wants to be Little Bo Peep this years and (because I still can decide for him) Bud is going to be a sheep. I'm making hers but I'm probably going to buy his. Just easier that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you are beyond creative! I'm on my knees and bowing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those 2007 pics! You are so creative and your kiddos sure are lucky! Can't wait to see what you come up with this year!

    ReplyDelete