Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Anything You Can Do I Can Do Better... I Can Do Anything Better Than You!

I just like to periodically remind myself how fortunate we are. Zoe had a stroke at birth and suffered brain damage to the part of her brain that controls gross motor skills. They told us they had no idea how it would affect her. At the very best, her brain would rewire itself and other parts of her brain would take over the functions of the damaged parts and at the very worst, she would have a weakness on her right side and have to have therapy to help her cope with the weakness and learn to use both sides equally.

We have seen no signs of delay or weakness. At all. In fact, she is WAY more active than Noah ever was. Last night, Colby had a birthday party at Pump It Up, which is an indoor playplace with inflatables ( bouncy houses, slides, etc). Noah had a blast, but I swear to you, Zoe had way more fun! She was wowing everyone with her "no fear" attitude! She climbed the really tall slide and just went zipping down it.. she zipped so fast that sometimes she tumbled a bit and really smacked her head ( on the inflatable stoppers, so it was like smacking your head on pillow) but she just got right back up and climbed to the top again.

There was this one contraption that was an inflatable obstacle course. She went in and I got nervous. I figured I was going to have to rescue her.. especially on the giant wall that was set up like a rock wall. The little monkey clamored right to the top.

1 comment: