Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Olden Days...

DJ took the GPS with him on his trip. Today, I was taking the kids to a birthday party at a friend's house who has recently moved. I knew where her street was located, but wanted to get more details, like how far down the road she lived, what side, were the house numbers visible and were there any distinguishing features to look for.

Noah asked me, " Mommy, why are you going to call Conner's mom?"

"Because they moved to a new house and I am not sure exactly where it is. So, I am going to call for directions."

"Maybe we should use the GPS."

" Noah, Daddy has the GPS with him and I am confident that I can find the house after I call Becca and talk to her. That is, after all, what we did BEFORE we had GPS!!"

**Noahs eyes got wide as saucers**

" Well..... maybe we should go to WalMart first and buy a NEW GPS!"

I'm happy to report that despite their lack of use, my natural navigational skills are still sharp and we found the house with no problem.

Yay me!

1 comment:

  1. I bet he would really freak if you told him we used to not have internet or cell phones.

    ReplyDelete