Monday, November 23, 2009

Rebel With a Cause

There comes a point in almost everyone's life where they reject the very essence of themselves. They rebel against their family, their roots, their upbringing. Usually it occurs in the teenage years, sometimes in the adult years.

Zoe has begun at the tender age of two.

DJ is Native American. I don't mean, he has 1/16 in him and likes to bring it up at family gatherings, I mean, he is actually on a tribal roll. He is half Poarch Creek Indian. His father is full-blooded.

Here is the cute little Thanksgiving decoration I have in my entryway:




Since I first put him out a few weeks ago, Zoe keeps kidnapping him. Luckily, I usually catch her in the act and make her put him back. Today her angst overwhelmed her and she just decide to take care of her deep-seated urge right there in plain view for all to see:

She tried to scalp him!


It's going to be the French and Indian War all over again right here in my house, but this time with Creek Indians and Cajun French (my heritage, by the way).

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Poor Zoe. She just thought he needed a haircut Mom. And he's so cute why would she not want to play with him.

    ReplyDelete