1. My daughter is extremely stubborn and this will be a tremendous asset when she is an adult. She won't be pushed around and will always get her point across.
2. Directly related to #1- although it took almost NINE weeks, we have finally ( almost) won the bedtime war. A week and a half ago, she went from sleeping on the floor in front of her door like a dog, to dragging her blanket and pillow down there with her. Three nights ago, she actually spent the entire night in her bed... and has continued to do so every night. Not surprisingly, she is sleeping later in the mornings because she is sleeping so soundly! The reason I said that we've "almost" won the war is because she still screams at the top of her lungs when we say goodnight and close her door. It only lasts about ten minutes though and as previously mentioned, she is now staying in her bed. WOOHOOO.. that is a HUGE victory for me! And I think I get some bragging rights for being more stubborn than she is....
** doing victory dance** " I WIN.. YOU LOSE... I WIN I WIN, YOU LOSE!!"
Ahem... **smoothing hair back down and regaining composure**
Annnnnddd
3. As big of a pain as she has been lately, I have moments when she comes out of her room looking like this:
4. She already has impeccable manners. In fact, today, I said, " Zoe, would you please go put your shoes in your room?" and she answered, " No, thank you."
5. She's fiercely loyal. I have to pry her blanket out of her hands in order to wash it and she accepts no substitutes.
6. Unlike her brother, she is NOT a picky eater. She loves food... all food... with the exception of sandwiches. Two weeks ago, she ate gumbo. Today, I gave her popcorn chicken and sweet peas for lunch. There is no way Noah would eat a green pea, but she shoved them in her mouth, smiled and said, "Mmmmmm Yummmm!"
7. She likes to help around the house. She isn't really helping. In fact, she's making a bigger mess, but she THINKS she's helping and that's really sweet.
8.I sliced my finger the other night. The next day, she saw the band-aid on my thumb and said, " Bo bo??" I nodded and she kissed it!
This post is mostly about Zoe because she has been the thorn in my side lately, but I wanted to add a little blip about Noah because while writing the beginning of this post, the end of this post came home in his backpack.
Which brings us to:
9. Apparently Noah enjoys composing his own music. He wrote a song on the bottom of his math test... I was impressed with the notation... not so much with the typical boy potty humor. The words are: " Pee pee versus poo poo in a jar. Die for your candy."
Profound.

You are really, really strong with the whole sleeping thing. I hope I can do that come January. I have got to get Baby Girl out of my bed.
ReplyDeleteYou know I have a Zoe that we call Morgan around here. I swear they wrote The Spirited Child about her. When she graduated preschool some kids received a diploma with the Christian characteristic of kindness or compassion. Not my child-hers was initiative. When she was 4 she told a preteen not to cut her in line at an amusement park Stay tuned for how this ends, I just hope I can make it through the teenage years.
ReplyDeleteHow precious.. you inspire me to keep up the fight for bedtime.. My Grace screams and runs and hides at bed time.. it is such a dread to have to say "brush your teeth and go potty.." she knows that is the prelude to "Bed time" hee hee..
ReplyDelete