Thursday, April 29, 2010

All We Need is Love (and a Great Pedicure)

Zoe has a lovey. It has changed over time, but for the last year, it has been in the form of a small stuffed cat she got as a "little sister gift" during Noah's birthday party last year. "Meow Meow" is his name and he goes everywhere with us. I fear losing him somewhere in a store or parking lot because I have no idea where to find a replacement.
We have had many nights where we have discovered Meow Meow missing at bedtime. This results in frantic searches of the house, the outer perimeters of the house and the van. We always find him in some odd place where Zoe must have been distracted and set him down and forgot about him. But, we always find him.

The other day, we discovered Meow Meow missing. I looked everywhere and could not find him. My suspicion was that she might have left him at my friend's house earlier that day, but she was not home to call and ask. My child was heartbroken and sadly walking through the house calling, "Meow Meoooowwww? Meow Meow?" It broke her mother's heart too.

I thought about this for a bit. What is it that I need most when my heart is broken? I need someone who loves me to cheer me up by making me laugh, forget my troubles for a moment and of course, pampering is always nice.

So, we painted our toenails. It was Zoe's first pedicure and she giggled and laughed at her pink toes. She told everyone that would listen about her pink toes and I caught her admiring them on more than one occasion. She forgot about Meow Meow for a bit and just had fun.





What's better than a girlfriend, laughs, and a pedicure to fix what ails ya?


And in the end, Meow Meow came home. ( He was at my friend's house) And all was well.


6 comments:

  1. Are we living parallel lives? lol I think if I went for the pink pedicure distraction my husband might kill me. I'm glad all is well in your universe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. Pretty toes are essential.

    And I think you need to try to find another meow meow to keep hidden somewhere. Just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a second "dolly" for Rosie when she left hers in Chicago on our vacation last year. It has been a lifesaver to have two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad meow meow is back. loving the little painted toenails.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hours I have spent in my life searching for my daughters Bunny Blankie! Now that she's ten I'm starting to talk to her about permanently retiring "Bunny" to the memory box! I wouldn't be surprised if eventually we had to make it into a wedding veil!

    ReplyDelete