To start us off, let me refresh your memory by re-posting the invitation I made for the party:

I usually hang my scrapbook layouts from this wire on display, but took them down for the party and made these little ice cream cones. The sundae in the middle is cut from my Cricut Sweet Treats cartridge and the "sundae" letters are cut using the Cricut Storybook cartridge. The little cones I made by cutting a 4" scalloped circle, running it through my Cuttlebug using the mosaic tile embossing folder to give it the waffled texture and then rolling them up in cone shapes. I then stuffed them with confetti.
These plastic cones were a Dollar Tree find. I stuffed them with confettin, ice cream shaped erasers and ice cream themed bubbles plus other small treats for the treat bags.
Okay first let me say how excited I was to find rock candy and Pop Rocks on my trip to North Carolina last weekend. How vintage! The pink ice cream cones holding the straws and rock candy, the cone holding the spoons and the ice cream painted container holding the maraschino cherries were from JoAnn's. I saw them back in the spring and patiently waited all summer until they went on clearance. The ice cream tray I found on deep discount at Michael's last weekend. After it rang up, it cost me $2 and some change!! WOOHOO!
I was going to make petit fours and cover them in pourable fondant, but upon my mother's arrival, she informed me that all the rage back home were these things called Cake Balls. Basically, you bake a sheet cake, crumble it up and mix it with frosting and shape into little balls and freeze. Then you melt almond bark and dip them in it. I had never heard of them and we quickly figured out why no one makes them here. They don't sell almond bark in grocery stores here like they do back in Texas. My mom said WalMart and every grocery store has it in the baking section, but we went to two WalMarts and four different grocery stores and none of them had it. Later a friend told me that I would have to find a candy specialty store to buy it here. Weird. Anyway, thankfully, Mom brought some almond bark with her and we had enough for the party. They were a huge hit and looked great on my cupcake display stand.

I think this was the most fun for me. I was so excited about making these jars for the toppings. I got the jars at the Christmas Tree Shop and used Cricut Storybook cartridge to cut ouy the tags. I printed the labels on my computer using the Candice font which I thought was adorable and reminded me of ice cream and candy. I also bought a straw dispenser and put Pepperidge Farm Pirouettes (rolled wafers) in it.

Since we had the cake balls, we didn't feel we needed a large cake. Just one big enough to stick three candles in and let Zoë blow them out.

I made these decorations using tissue paper and a Martha Stewart tutorial online.
You can't have an ice cream party without also having ice cream floats, so I filled a bucket with ice and had grape, key lime, orange cream, cream soda and root beer. Yum!!


If you look in the corner of the photo on the left side, I had a Little Dipper crockpot plugged in keeping the hot fudge sauce warm.
And here is the girl of the hour wearing the tiara that was a last-minute impulse buy. I went to Party City to pick up her balloons that morning and that tiara was in my line of vision hollering, "Hey, Sucker, BUY ME! You know you want to!!"



Everyone seemed to have a good time and the children all left hyped up on sugar. But most importantly, Zoë loved her " Ice Cream Happy Birthday"
Happy 3rd birthday, my sweet girl!
I'm linking this with Dumb Mom's Mom Tip Tuesday. My tip? How to throw an awesome ice cream party! Follow the link and see her tip on how to successfully travel in the car with kids and if you have a tip, link up!


Love it! Super and you know me, I love me a good bargain that fits the bill too! I'm not sure what almond bark is, but I make cake pops with the chocolate you buy at Michaels-comes in all different colors. Great job on the party. Now you have a whole year to think of the next big shin dig.
ReplyDeleteSo once you had a house full of sugared up 3-year-olds, how'd you get them down from the ceiling? :)
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy. You're so creative!
You did an awesome job. You should totally submit this to Tip Junkie for when she highlights birthday parties. Oh and you should check out Bakerella. She has all kinds of cake ball designs.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Zoe!!
ReplyDeleteand what a wonderful job mom!!
did you made all those? obbiously...
you are a one Great crafty mom!!
Aunt Ouida had ALMOND BARK IN HER SUITCASE!?! Seriously? That cracks me up! Maybe she should be called Aunt Mary Poppins from now on and just carry a carpet bag. HAHAHAHAHA!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!! I love all of it!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, Jennifer, you went all out! It really looks sepctacular! You thought of so many details - it looks like it is straight out of a magazine!
ReplyDeleteAwesome job! You are so creative, I thought I had some type of creativity in me but you truly outshine!! I can't wait to see what other parties you throw...I just might have to start stealing your ideas!! HAHAHAHA
ReplyDelete