A new song began and she asked, "Mommy, what's the name of this song?"
ME: Your Song
ZOË: MY song!?
ME: No, the NAME of the song is Your Song.
ZOË: It has Zoë in it?
ME: Noooooo.... it isn't Zoë's song. The song is CALLED Your Song.
NOAH: Wait, what's the name of the song again?
ME: YOUR SONG!!!!!
ZOË: NO!! It's MY song!!!!!!
Thanks a lot, Elton John. Next time, use the name of the person you are singing about and it will save me a lot of trouble.
Wait till she actually learns the "Who's on First, What's on second" routine in school - my daughter brought this home in 3rd grade. The fun was never ending!
ReplyDeleteVery funny! I love how literal kids are!
ReplyDeleteFirstly I love that song and secondly Zoes adoreable. I know that conversation must have been soooo testing but hilarious nonetheless. Hope your December is better than your November hun xx
ReplyDelete