Activate Plan B.
Movie and popcorn at home.
I knew it wouldn't be as exciting as going somewhere else since we do this all the time, so I picked up some little plastic popcorn containers in the dollar bin at Target. While I was there, I saw the Charlie Brown Valentine movie for just $10 and picked it up as well.
We went to McDonald's as planned, then ate popcorn and watched the movie in our pajamas. Since the movie was really short, I had also rented Ramona and Beezus from the Redbox and we all really enjoyed that one.
After the movie, I got the kids ready for bed and told them they could sleep in my bed. Unfortunately, it turned into a big fiasco and after some shuffling around, fighting, screaming, crying, going back to individual bedrooms and then back to my room several times, it finally ended up at 10:30 with Noah in his room and Zoe in my bed. Noah will sleep with me next Friday night and Zoe ended up crying herself to sleep in my room because Noah left. (I feel the need to add a disclaimer for that wall color in my bedroom. Our bedroom is the only room in our house we have not repainted since we bought it. We did not pick that awful mustard color [it was there when we moved in -and sadly, the ceiling is painted that color too!!] we have just always invested our money into the rest of the house and the kids' rooms. Painting our bedroom is at the top of our list of projects still left to finish.)
Tomorrow, we are now looking at 2"- 6" of snow. I just don't have anything to say about that.
Awesome plan B. The sleeping together thing never really works the way you want it too.
ReplyDelete