Thursday, February 17, 2011

Husband

Husband:
lover, friend
father, teacher
playmate, protector;
always taking care of us,
possessing a child-like spirit,
gentle and sweet, tough and firm;
knows when I seriously need a laugh;
he understands me better than anyone else
yet he loves me because of and in spite of myself;
has been to hell & back with me-never dropping my hand,
always able to focus my attention toward the good,
is smart, hilarious, talented, and strong,
has chosen to leave all things familiar
so that he can serve his country
and has continued to serve
for a good part of his life;
half of me is missing,
but duty calls my
lover, friend
husband
soldier
hero





This post is inspired by Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. Prompt#3: Husbands


Mama's Losin' It

9 comments:

  1. This is really goooood, Jen. It's thoughtful, poetic, heartfelt, the the layout is flat out SICK! (one of Conner's favorite terms) I'm sure that DJ is just sick to death of being away from you guys, and reading your blog posts is probably what gets him through on the roughest days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both visually and emotional pretty! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this! Stopping by from Mama Kat's...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how nice! love, love, love, it's so grand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. I bet you will melt your husband's heart when he sees this.
    Stopping from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is crazy awesome. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very creative! - cara from mama kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job, visually and through your words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. Really, really sweet and touching. I could never do something that cooL!

    ReplyDelete