Sunday, October 30, 2011

First Edition of "Ask Noah"

I had this idea, since my eight-year-old thinks he knows more than most adults (and he might in some cases) to ask him about world issues from time to time. I was going to call it "Ask the Eight-Year-Old" but I would have to change the title of the series every time he has a birthday. Hence, "Ask Noah" was born. I will also try an "Ask Zoe" but I am not sure how that will got since she can barely sit in one place long enough to go potty (She's four). Additionally, if you have any question you would like me to present to either of them, please send them to me and, as long as they are appropriate, I will pass them along. Buckle in, here we go...

1. The Texas Rangers were one strike away from winning the World Series in game 6, but choked and let the Cardinals win that game and ultimately the whole series. What do you think they could have done better?

Umm.. they could have WON!

2.Do y'all ever talk about current events at school? If so, what is something you have recently discussed?

Yes, we get Time Magazine for Kids. This week, we discussed the top 5 places to spend Halloween, diseases in bats and floods in Thailand.

What do you think about the floods in Thailand?

I think we need to build them more flood walls and see if that will help. They will have to give the people that have lost their homes shelter and help them build new homes. I feel very sad for the families- maybe there is an eight-year-old boy over like me whose family has lost their home.

3.**While looking at the copy of this week's "Time for Kids" he has fished out of his backpack: What do you think about this article suggesting schools should require students to pack eco-friendly lunches with less disposable waste?

I think yes and no. Yes because it will get rid of all the waste and we could keep our land beautiful and nice. No, because parents shouldn't have to spend money on reusable plastic containers if they can't afford them. Those things are sort of expensive.

You already have a reusable lunchbox and sandwich container, would you like to convert to completely eco-friendly and take a reusable water bottle and keep everything baggie-free?

Well, yes. But, sometimes I really want some chocolate milk or a juice box. So.. maybe.. no?

4. Recently, a woman got on a bus in Brooklyn run by an Orthodox Jewish bus company. Because of the beliefs of the Orthodox Jews, the bus is segregated and the women must sit in the back. They open the bus up to the public though and a woman that was not a believer got on the bus and was told she needed to move to the back. When she refused, the driver refused to drive until she moved to the back. What do you think about that?

Wow- I did not know that. That is like Rosa Parks all over again. We have different beliefs than others, but if they are going to let people with different beliefs on their bus, they need to let them sit where they want. If I got on a bus and was told I couldn't sit where I wanted, I would punch the driver.

And now, just because I felt I had to include her- a question for Zoe:

Zoe, what happened to Baby Lisa?

Did she used to be in my room? Is that the little girl with the red on? I think she's in my closet. I need to find her.



Share Your Awesome

5 comments:

  1. #3...totally agree. Chocolate milk trumps most everything in my book.

    #4...wow. Again. I agree with the punching thing. Might not be right, but sometimes it could come in handy. At my work joint, I make sure everyone knows I am a firm believer in "moderate workplace violence".

    Kidding, of course. Most of the time.

    And sweet little Zoe. God love her. That's my kind of girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! This will be so much fun to look back on when when Noah is older. I'm glad you stopped by my blog! I'll definitely be stopping by often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. He's way smarter than most adults I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noah has the makings of a very fine politician - or maybe not, since he knows his own mind and states his opinions so clearly! On the Orthodox Jewish bus issue, I guess what I don't understand is, even if they want to keep them segregated, why not let the women sit IN THE FRONT? Is that just too easy? Not that I agree with it at all, since I don't, but why clearly make it a denigrated space with some history of humiliation to it? Anyway, great job on the new feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea! We do yearly interviews with our kids, but it's all about themselves. This would be great!! And your son rocks!

    ReplyDelete