ME: Okay. Be safe and I will see you tonight! What do you want for dinner?
DJ: Oh... I don't know. It's 6:30am here, I'm not thinking about dinner.
ME: Every. Single. Time. I ask you that question, you never answer.
DJ: Well, I do....
ME: It is always "I don't know." or " I don't care."
DJ: That is because I really don't care. I approach that question like a guy, whereas you approach it like a woman.
ME: What is that supposed to mean?
DJ: YOU think, "Weeelll... I'm not really feeling beef-y today. I'm feeling more chicken-y. But my body says I need a salad. And it's too hot outside for something really hot or spicy, so I am thinking maybe something chicken-y and light with lettuce..... I dunno."
DJ: Here is MY thought process: Task at hand, task at hand, task at hand, task at hand, ooohh, I'm hungry, task at hand, task at hand, drive home from work, yeah- food- yum.
DJ: SO, "I don't know." or " I don't care." really means I don't know or I don't care! I will pretty much eat whatever you put in front of me.
ME: Fine! So.. pizza tonight?
DJ: Sure. I don't care.
I ordered pizza- half meat-lovers for him and half veggie-lovers for me...
...because my body was telling me I needed some vegetables.
And he was totally okay with that.
**I am linking up with Momma Made it Look Easy, Share Your Awesome!
LOL, this is so typical of my husband and I except you relayed it so much funnier!!
ReplyDeletePS, my husbands initials are also DJ :)
ReplyDeleteHa! Love it. My boyfriend is the opposite - he tells me when he's feeling chicken-y or beef-y or whatever. So funny!
ReplyDeleteHahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!
ReplyDeleteLove this! I just read ANOTHER book (can't even remember the title of this one) about how men and women communicate differently and think differently. I'm trying to understand, and since we've been married 25 years you'd think I'd be getting closer, but I'm not sure I'll ever really "get it" ;)
ReplyDeleteSeriously, this post was awesome because it is sooo true! I do the same thing to my husband or I make him decipher what I actually want to eat...mainly because I don't know and I want someone to make the decision for me.
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend!!!
Ha! We have that same conversation. He gets mad when I shoot down his suggestions, but then says he doesn't care. Confusing.
ReplyDeletehahaha! such truth.
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious. I love that he told you that.
ReplyDeleteI'M NOT FEELING ALL BEEF-Y!
ReplyDeleteTHAT is awesome.
And you wonder where your children get it. =)