I don't want to be there when y'all cook the crawfish. I can't watch.
Oh good grief! Why not?
Because you throw them live in boiling water and that just seems mean.
For Heaven's sake, you are CAJUN- surely this has come up before.
Yes, I have been to plenty of crawfish boils and I didn't like it then either. Also, when some get out of the cooler and are crawling across the yard, it seems like they are chasing you and it scares me.
Because crawfish are known for their lightning speed.
I'm just telling you how I feel. Besides, how would you like me to just throw you in a pot of boiling water?
Crawfish are pretty simple creatures. Do you also like to think the hamburger comes from a hamburger tree?
I know animals have to be killed for me to eat. I just don't want to meet the animal first. And I certainly don't want to witness it. And I would like to think that they kill the cow humanely.
Okay. You continue thinking that.
Besides, if there is such a thing as reincarnation, what if I come back as a human and you come back as a crawfish and I boil you and eat you?
Well, I will just be playing along in a ditch, and then I will be dead and I won't care.
Maybe then I will come back as a shit fly.
And that ended the conversation.
How can I argue with someone who aspires to be a "shit fly" in their next life?
Thank you. I have now found a new favorite title: Shit Fly.
ReplyDeleteThat is sheer awesomely good stuff.
You two crack me up!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a really great post! The title cracks me up.
ReplyDeletewww.modernworld4.blogspot.com
Ok. Officially the funnies blog post of the night's reading. :) Love it!
ReplyDeleteI've only cooked something that was alive when I started once - lobster. It was sad but also delicious. Wow - I just stopped myself in my writing tracks with an amazingly accurate look on life. Life is like boiling a live lobster - sad but delicious. (At least some days)
ReplyDeleteOh if only we could all be shit flies in our next life.
ReplyDeleteWe just had a very similar experience with lobsters in our house. I thought it would be my youngest that would want the lobsters as pets but my husband actually really felt guilty after killing them. It made my heart do a little happy dance. He likes his lobsters from the lobster tree like I do ;-)
ReplyDeleteShit flies do seem to have it made though, right?! I don't like boiling things alive. I always go to restaurants to get my shell fish.
ReplyDelete