This one is from just a few weeks ago:
Well, "Noah" IS Hebrew
Noah has renounced Christianity. Well, not really, he's 5, but he has an advent calendar with candy canes on it and has happily been eating one candy cane a day since the beginning of December.
Tonight, he informed me that, " Guess what, Mommy!?? Today is a VERY SPECIAL DAY.. it's Hanukkah and so I get to have TWO candy canes and open one of my presents!" I decided to put aside my need to always correct people and tell him that actually Hanukkah began at sundown last night, and informed him simply that he isn't Jewish. Translation: put the extra candy cane back and get your grubby paws off the present! Well, I could see this coming a mile away when he decided he wanted to be Jewish. I told him I would support any decision he made, but that if he was Jewish, Jews did not celebrate Christmas and he could pick 8 presents from under the tree and the rest would go back... and Santa Claus is part of Christmas.. so as not to offend the newly Jewish Noah, I would have to call up Santa and inform him of Noah's conversion so he would know not to stop by.
With that, Noah renounced Judaism and after only 5 minutes as a Jew, took up his cross again and was sucked back into the commercialism that is Christmas. Please, noone tell him how blended families celebrate both holidays.. I can't afford Chrismahanukwanzukah.
I am a little disappointed... I was looking forward to being a Jewish mom. They have such personality and I really like potato pancakes and saying, "Oy vey!" But, looking on the bright side.. I don't think I could have given up bacon. I really love bacon.
LMAO! You definitely need to blog... this is hilarious!!! lol
ReplyDeletehahaha! love it!
ReplyDelete