Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"Orange You Glad You Found My Hiding Spot?"

For a few days now the oranges have been mysteriously disappearing from their happy perch in the basket in the kitchen. I had a suspect in mind but couldn't prove it. I lacked the solid evidence I needed and we all know you cannot accuse someone based on "a hunch".

Earlier, I was in the kitchen doing my favorite thing in the whole world- cleaning out the refrigerator- when I heard a commotion in the living room. I peered around the corner to find my little Nolan Ryan winding up, ready for the pitch.







And then shortly after that, she decided it looked more like a soccer ball...




Based on the new evidence, I could certainly prosecute my little redheaded suspect for citruscide, but still lacked any proof she was the one stealing the oranges as I had not located the missing persons or their remains.

I continued to watch and finally after she became bored, she toddled off to the corner with the orange and emerged without the orange.

A-HA!!

Upon further inspection, I found the following tucked into the magazine rack:




Exhibits A,B,C, D & E. Three oranges, a partially-eaten poptart and Noah's hotwheels car.

Case closed.The organic remains have been disposed of and the car was returned to its rightful owner. I'm just glad I didn't discover this next week playing, " Where is that smell coming from?"

5 comments:

  1. You need to scrap your story, I love the writing. I can't belive how much Z looks like you in the first picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God, I love your posts. Hilarious! :o) I need you to narrate a story for Wil one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Is that second picture photoshopped or actually mid-air?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was actually mid-air. I took several pics trying to get it.. she was too quick most of the time, but this one I got just right.. I only wished I had her hand still up like she was throwing, but she had put it down already.

    ReplyDelete