Noah is the age now where he can get excited about holidays and fun treats. While he was at school on Halloween, I added some decorations to the living room that were not there before and added a ghost on the living room ceiling that was activated by motion and would laugh and "woooooooo" and run back and forth across his string. Noah loved it!
So, yesterday, while he was at school and Zoe was taking a nap, I taped hearts on their bedroom doors and hung a banner in the living room that said " Happy Valentine's Day". I also made chocolate chip cookies and these adorable rice krispie treats in ice cream cones. You are supposed to make them with strawberry marshmallows, but since I could not find any at my local grocery store, I just added food coloring. I got the idea from Nichole Heady's blog Capture the Moment . She made adorable boxes for them and made them look cute, but I didn't have time for that after making all the treat bags for Zoe's friends and Noah's class, so I just put them out on the counter on lace doilies with the cookies and valentine cards. Both Noah and DJ were very surprised and excited when they came home! Zoe, of course, just smelled sweets and grunted while pointing at the counter.
As always, you can click on the image to see it larger.

No comments:
Post a Comment